Wednesday, October 4, 2023

EOTO review of Technological terms and concepts

There was some very interesting things that were brought up during the each one teach one presentations.  For starters, I found false flags to be fascinating.  False flags are a huge thing I history to generate wars and have the publics opinion on justifying that war.   One such incident is when Japan blamed China for the destruction of a train. The train explosion was never investigated, just forced China to take the blame. This became known as the Mukden Incident, which was one of the reasons that Japan became such a powerhouse during World War II.  


Another fact that hit home was the idea of cord cutting.  Me and my family don’t watch many films, and when we do, it is more convenient to stream them instead of watching them.  This happened during COVID-19 and has remained in our house ever since, we do have shows on cable, but they are few and flung between, even to the point where it is easier to not watch cable at all.  I myself prefer to go onto streaming services to watch my shows on.

A streaming service, Hulu


A third cool fact that I learned is propaganda started all the way in Athens, Greece.  I found this fascinating because while modern propaganda was not there, the idea of having something to skew you into viewing the presentation positively.  This means that propaganda is as old, if not older, than some of the mythological stories that I like reading about.



A fourth thing I learned about is the idea of news deserts.  While I didn’t get a perfect view of the map, I believe my hometown that I grew up in is currently in a news desert.  This was weird for me because this is all I knew growing up was an absence of news and not how important the news currently are.

A map of the American news deserts


No comments:

Post a Comment