Saturday, September 30, 2023

privacy

There have been some effects with my family concerning privacy.  For starters, most of the things my mother buys for her business goes through amazon which she has a full-on account for.  I often use the account to buy my things because of amazon prime. 


Another thing is that I love mythology.  Mythology has some fundamental roots in sharing stories to help us take actions to better ourselves.  So taking some of the most popular mythos of Greek and Latin to provide insight into how we should act online is awesome. 

Daedalus and his son Icarus

Something thing that really confused me is reading the terms and services.  If you want something to dictate parts of your life, would you not want to read the terms and conditions to understand them.  When buying my first pet, I made sure to read the terms and conditions thoroughly to understand this major shift in my life.  If dating apps primarily try to get you with a partner that you would spend the rest of your life with, wouldn’t you want to read the terms and conditions.

my first pet

When it comes to government involvement, they should implement stricter access to our data.  We should actively try to make sure our “Tattoo” is something that we would want to share to others.  If companies want to have our data, it must be something that we personally should be willing to share. 


There are many different ways to protect ourselves from these policies and keep ourselves private.  Firstly clearing our history, cookies, and catch are some of the most basic ways to keep ourselves safe.  Another way that it is possible to keep ourselves safe is to make sure that only we can access the data.  One of videos refers to this as having our own keys and I totally agree, we should be the only ones to unlock our data.



No comments:

Post a Comment